SMA Weather Station
SEVEN provides a full set of weather station for Solar Power Plants compatible with SMA Data Managers and Cluster Controllers. It includes different sensors required to monitor the Solar PV Plant using SMA monitoring system Sunny Portal.
SMA Solar Technology has been one of the pioneers and leaders in solar system technology for almost 40 years. So, as one of the world’s largest inverter manufacturers, SMA Solar Technology supplies the right inverters for every type of unit and system size.
In addition to the inverters, SMA Solar Technology also produces its own data logger, called DATA MANAGER M, which is used as a monitoring and management platform for photovoltaic systems.
The required sensors in your weather station
|Product Image||Sensor Type||Item Code||Product Details|
|Irradiance Sensor||3S-IS||Irradiance Sensor With Modbus RTU Output|
|Ambient Temperature Sensor||3S-AT-18B20||Ambient Temperature Sensor 18B20|
|Module Temperature Sensor||3S-MT-18B20||Module Temperature Sensor -18B20|
|Wind Speed Sensor||3S-WS-PLS-P||Wind Speed Sensor With Digital Output|
|Relative Humidity||3S-RH-I||Humidity Sensor With Analog Output|
COMPATIBLE METEO STATION FOR SMA DATA MANAGER M
Since we, SEVEN Sensor Solutions, work as a solution partner of SMA’s distributors, we provide a full weather station containing sensors that are completely compatible with SMA’s Data Manager M.
In order to achieve an accurate measurement of the meteorological parameters, not only dataloggers or inverters are needed, but also sensors that record the meteorological data and forward it to the datalogger. For this reason, SEVEN Sensor has given more importance to improve its sensors, and we have succeeded to connect our high-quality sensors with the DataManager M of SMA.
Our new SMA weather station has become as follows.
- Irradiance Sensor or PV Pyranometer, with Modbus RTU output, that measures radiation, is also used as a Reference Cell due to its high measuring accuracy. Taking into consideration that the use of this PV Pyranometer is crucial for measurement in solar applications. The SEVEN irradiance sensor designed as a sensor box as it contains a Module temperature inside, it has also four input ports for additional sensors, and an output port connected to the DataManager M via a RS485 cable.
- Ambient temperature Sensor is important to see how production is affected by temperature. Besides, the temperature formed in the panel can vary considerably from the ambient temperature, so this sensor provides valuable data for the analysis.
- Module Temperature Sensor, which is generally used to measure the temperature of surfaces. It is located under the PV panel and provides the module temperature. By monitoring the temperature, the nature of the output curve can also be estimated.
- Wind Speed Sensor is a device used to measure the wind speed and provides the data obtained to SMA DataManager M.
- Relative Humidity sensor, with Analog Output, is used to measure the relative humidity of photovoltaic systems.
SENSOR CONNECTIONS TO SMA DATA MANAGER M
Seven Sensors provides a remote setup service via Sunny Portal, a web portal for monitoring and visualization of system data. The Data Manager M and Sunny Portal are perfectly adapted to each other. This not only facilitates the monitoring, analysis, parameterization and management of photovoltaic systems, but also saves costs and time.